Tuesday, August 13, 2013

I've Been Published!


Extra!  Extra!  Read all about it...I've been published in Just Steampunk!, Volume 3!!!  I have a whole page with 5 cards (p. 84) in the Paper Arts section and a framed doll (p. 62) in the Home Decor section.
So exciting to see my name and artwork in a magazine!

Here are my cards.  They were all done with stamps from the Graphic 45 collection by Hampton Art Stamps.  Papers are from DCWV and Scrap Club.

Here's "Betty Blue."

I call this one "Time Flies."

                                                            " Clockworks in Blue"

                                                                   "Elegant Lady"

                                                                   "Myopic Bird"

My framed doll, I called "Miss Steampunk Stella."  She is featured on p. 62 of the Home Decor section.  She was made from jewelry from St. Vinney's.  Her hands are an old, clip-on sweater guard that was popular in the '50s.  Her dress is a brooch I bought for 50 cents and her legs are earring parts.  The face was a left-over from my Michaels cruise.  The wooden frame was $1 at Michaels.  I painted it with some metallic acrylic paints and added some drywall tape patches that I colored black with gesso.  I also did some stenciling through punchinella.

Thanks for stopping by ....Paulette


10 comments:

  1. They are all wonderful Paulette. I think my favourite of them all, and it was a pretty hard choice is Myopic Bird. The specticaled bird is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous, one and all, Paulette!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Paulette. I can see why each one was chosen. They are fabulous in terms of composition, attention to detail, and creativity. Love the background papers and the collaged elements. That framed doll is absolutely wonderful and I adore the frame treatment. Fabulous combination of pieces to create her. Steampunk continues to be a favourite of mine and you have mastered it here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your big feature in the mag! One of my favorite things is using old jewelry - you did a fabulous job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amazing! Amazing, Miz P.
    Awesome work and they finally recognized your genius. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Whooo hooo...way to go! I saw them on Splitcoast...magnificent!!
    Sue
    aka Mrs Noofy

    ReplyDelete
  7. These cards are fabulous and really weird...........wow.......keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Paulette, you did it again! You always come up with the grandest things. What an imagination. I envy you so. I missed seeing you at Stampaway this year, hope you will come in 2014. It was great, so much fun and many new things. Congrats on being published, you deserve it! Barb T. (paper73)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bravo, my friend! It's good to see you get your SteamPunk on. LOL
    Congratulations!

    Hugs,
    Deb ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Paulette you have such a wonderful flair for this Steampunk style. Every single one is outrageously good!!! I love them - please do more!!!!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. I value your feedback.