Sunday, June 9, 2013

Honey, I Shrunk the Kids!



I'm in a Moo Swap over on Splitcoaststampers.  A “moo” is a miniature work of art that measures 1 1/8” wide by 2 3/4” long.  The theme of the swap is to use a technique or embellishment to serve as an art prompt/reference for future projects.  A humorous title is not required but adds to the fun.

For my technique I chose Shrinky Dinks.  The steps to using Shrinky Dinks are as follows:
Stamp on Shrinky Dinks with Stazon ink, I used the pre-sanded type as it holds the color better.
Color with Prismacolor pencils.   
Cut out image.
Hold down with chopstick and use heat gun to shrink.  Shrinks to 5/8s its size.

For my moo I chose 2 stamps from Stamp N Plus' Ardith Trumpy's "As the Crow Flies" stamp line.  The black and white images on the right are what the stamps look like when they are originally stamped on the sheet of Shrinky Dinks.  In the photo on the left, you see what the images look like when they shrink from the heat.  I felt a bit sadistic as I watched these little guys curl up, shrink and then flatten out.  It reminded me of the shrinking witch in Wicked when the water was poured on her.

Happy Monday.....................Paulette





1 comment:

  1. I have shrinky dinks still in the package (somehow that sounds rude) and I've never tried this technique. It looks fabulous on the moo. I didn't realize they could be coloured with Prismacolor pencils. Love the line about feeling sadistic...I'm meltiiiiing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. I value your feedback.