Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Think Pink


October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month and the DT of Stamp N Plus has decided to post some Pink Cards to bring attention to the cause.  This little bear is a Stamp N Plus stamp that can be found HERE.

I stamped the image on some DCWV pink patterned paper and again on some DCWV brown paper.  I cut out the bear from the brown and paper-pieced it over the pink bear.  The dark brown on the bear was colored with Prismacolor pencils.  The stamp contains the guidelines to follow to fashion the iris fold.  To eliminate bulk I used a thin foil paper in dark pink and a text weight pearlescent light pink paper and I used the papers single-ply (not folded).  Some ribbon, a butterfly brad and some rhinestone blossoms complete my design.

For more "Think Pink" cards please visit the Stamp N Plus blog.  Thank you for stopping by my blog.  Paulette Akagi

1 comment:

  1. This card is just the sweetest! Love the paper pieced and coloured bear and the iris folded heart is gorgeous. Great tips to reduce the bulk, too. The blingy flowers are a fun dimensional touch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. I value your feedback.