Saturday, January 7, 2017

Inspired By Alexander McQueen


Every Saturday on Splitcoaststampers there is an Inspiration Challenge.  This week's challenge uses the gorgeous dresses on this tumblr site called "i don't wear dresses."

I need a sympathy card for the mother of a friend who passed away this week. Ruth was 95 years old and a most gracious and beautiful woman. This dress by Alexander McQueen was my inspiration for the die I used to frame my design. The delicate floral spray reminds me of Ruth...she was a petite and frail woman who weighed only 78 lbs. I used the Tattered Lace floral die and cut several copies and cut them apart to fashion my design.  I added some half pearls as embellishments.

I am entering this card in the Dies R Us #64 Anything Goes Challenge.


1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful card, great job! Thank you for playing along with us in the DIES R US challenge!
    Barbara
    Dies R Us Challenge Blog DT
    http://carterie-creative.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. I value your feedback.