Monday, September 7, 2015

Happiness Is...


The Readers"s Art Quest challenge for Sept. 2015 has a Coffee & Cream Theme and uses the following mood board for its color palette.


I used a Stampendous stamp that seems perfect for this theme.  I chose some papers from the DCWV Good Wood stack to use for the color palette.  I liked the "&"  in the pattern paper was cream colored and resembled a swirl of cream on the top of a cup of coffee and the "&" also hints at my theme of friendship.  I used a touch of orange from a Prismacolor pencil on the cup and added a few orange gems to accent the design.  On the cream layer I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder to also repeat the theme of the swirl of cream.

Take time this week for a cup of coffee with a friend....Paulette

2 comments:

  1. Hi Paulette your cards is beautiful and just perfect for our RAQ Theme this month, loving that stamp and all your lovely layers. Thanks so much for your continued support and participation at Unruly PaperArts! Danie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Paulette... love your card right down to the embossing of the swirl which definitely gives that look of cream on your coffee... I love the sentiment also. Great job and thank you for creating with us at Unruly Paper Crafts RAQ

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. I value your feedback.