Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Prima Doll Altered Candy Tin

I love the new Prima Doll stamps and the hostess of the Prima Doll Swap here on SCS is sponsoring a challenge to post a project that is not a doll, tag or card using these stamps. Most of the projects I have seen posted online have included lots of flowers as embellies. This prompted me to alter this beautiful Russell Stover candy tin I purchased some time ago at a garage sale.

I stamped first on some flesh colored DP, then stamped the dress and headband on pink DP from DCWV's Street Lace pack. I fussy cut the doll and dress and headband, colored in the folds on the dress with a dark pink Prismacolor pencil and added lace trim and half pearls as embellies. The shoes and hair were colored with Prismacolors. A crocheted flower and pearl were added to the headband. The background provided by the candy tin was a bit busy so I chose to layer the doll on a mint green and black DP from the DCWV Mariposa pack. I forgot to mention: I ran the dress through a Cuttlebug cherry blossom embossing folder to give it some texture after I cut it out.

Have a great day---------- Paulette


  1. What a great project. It looks very pretty x

    hugs sally x

  2. She looks awesome. I love the embossing on her dress...clever idea and it adds lovely texture. The lace trim and crocheted flower are sweet details. The flowers surrounding her are gorgeous and really play up the colour of her dress and headband. Good call on the matting for her, too.


Thanks for visiting and commenting. I value your feedback.