Saturday, February 22, 2014

Worry Dolls

My inspiration from the Wee Folk Studio is here: http://weefolk.files.wordpress.com/2...rtraitetsy.jpg and I used the Splitcoaststamper's sketch challenge for this week to construct my card.

These tiny "Worry Dolls" were purchased while in Belize. According to the Mayan legend, when worrying keeps a person awake, he or she tells a worry to as many dolls as necessary. Then the worrier places the dolls under his or her pillow. The dolls take over the worrying for the person who then sleeps peacefully through the night. When morning breaks, the person awakens without the worries that the dolls took away during the night.

I thought this would be a perfect card to send to a friend who is having troubles.

Here's hoping your week is worry-free.........Paulette


1 comment:

  1. This is so wonderful - I do love worry dolls and the colors you have used are so happy!! I am quite taken with this creation!
    sandy

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. I value your feedback.