Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Green is the Color of Hope


The January eTeam Picks Challenge over on the eclectic Paperie blog is to design something with HOPE as the theme.  I wanted to use this cute stamp from Crafty Individuals.  It's part of a set of 4 stamps called "Pretty Girls."

I did some research on what color is used to symbolize HOPE and in most cultures that color is green.  I chose some green patterned paper from DCWV as background, stamped the image on a piece of DCWV patterned paper with a faint musical note design.  This was mounted on a mat of dark green corrugated paper.  The image is colored with Inktense colored pencils.  

To me the butterfly is also a symbol of hope as it changes from a caterpillar into a butterfly.  For embellishment I added a lace butterfly.  I used some Stickles to define its body.  Other embellishments are a dotted swiss white ribbon, 2 paper daisies and 3 green half pearls.

Here's hoping from an end to this bitter cold winter...Paulette



5 comments:

  1. Wonderful card. Green is such a great color and I love the vintage image you used which illustrates hope so wonderfully. Thank you so much for playing along with the eTeam in our January eTeam Picks Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your image and the research on green being the color of hope was very interesting! FAB butterfly, too! THX for joining in at the eclectic Paperie's eTeam Picks Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favourite colour Paulette...you did a marvelous job!!
    Thank you for joining us over at eclectic Paperie's eTeam picks challenge and good luck.
    Hugs
    Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Paulette. I find green such a hopeful colour because it's spring-like, a time of new beginnings. The little girl is very sweet and the butterfly and daisy embellies are fresh and light. I really like the corrugated dark background. It provides awesome contrast. I HOPE you enjoyed joining the eP challenge as much as we did having you participate :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so cool that you went with the COLOR to symbolize hope! What an awesome sentiment and adorable card. Good luck on the picks challenge and thanks for participating.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. I value your feedback.