Monday, April 22, 2013

Thinking of You



For my Thinking of You card I used a stamp and powdered chalks sold by Stamp N Plus.  The sentiment can be found HERE X2090.  The powdered chalks are Chalk-Ah-Lots, which can be found HERE.  The colors I used were:  Blush, Nifty and Peach.

The oval was cut and embossed with a Spellbinders die and the butterfly was cut with a die by Marianne's Creatables.  Rhinestone jewels were used as embellishments along with a touch of Stickles on the edges of the wings.

I used a Staples brand of matte photo paper and applied the chalks with a sponge.  This paper has a felt-like texture and this quality combined with its bright white color provided a perfect media to bring out the vibrancy of these beautiful chalks.  Staples often has the paper for free when you submit a rebate form.  You can find the paper HERE.  The paper is cardstock weight and I have been using it as my "go to" white paper for stamping and cardmaking.

Thanks for visiting my blog and have a great week.  Paulette

2 comments:

  1. The chalked background is beautifully blended. It looks fabulous as an oval next to that colour of card. The butterfly is a lovely contrast and looks so pretty with the background colours peeking through. Great design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, seeing these in person, made them so much more special.....forgot to send you a
    special thank you for my Valentines card! it was so lovely...I have it on display with
    my "romantic book display!! loved seeing you this past weekend. Your the Bomb! denise

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting and commenting. I value your feedback.